As I mentioned in my first Blog 3 steps to loving your closet my first step is to write out a wish list for the upcoming season and identify what pieces are essentials and what ones are trends.
Essential Pieces are key items you will use to create multiple outfits throughout the season; this is when I’m willing to spend a little more money. ( But I still try to get the best deals I can.)
After I write my list, I check my closet first. For example, I use my Faux leather jacket and ankle boots that already used in the Fall and Winter for my spring outfit looks. You don’t need to go and purchase a whole new wardrobe every season. The goal is to use as much clothing pieces you already own and sprinkle in the new season appropriate pieces to freshen up your outfits.
Here’s a look at what my personal “Essentials list” looks like for Spring 2019 with some added styling notes on how I envision wearing these pieces.
- Faux leather jacket – This jacket is a year round piece for me. Goes with literally everything.
- Denim Jacket – I have a couple but I’m really loving the oversized look right now. My oversized denim jacket is actually a men’s jacket.
- Slim destructed mom fit denim – love to dress up or down without looking like your trying to hard.
- Denim shorts– I like mixing casual tops and sneakers and or boots as well as dressing them up with heal sandals to give a fresh look.
- White ankle booties– Love to wear with dresses and denim.
- Black booties– Love to wear with dresses and denim.
- Espadrilles– Goes with everything. Dresses, skirts, denim, all shorts.
Everything in the photos above are linked in the list.